The primary objective of this 60 minute webinar is to help organization identify the key vulnerabilities with cloud service providers by reviewing the best practices to evaluate, engage and monitor online service providers to protect ePHI handled on behalf of the Covered Entity.
Why should you attend:
- Have you identified the e-PHI with your cloud service providers? This includes e-PHI that you create, receive, maintain or transmit.
- What are the external sources of e-PHI? For example, do vendors or consultants create, receive, maintain or transmit e-PHI?
- What are the human, natural, and environmental threats to information systems that contain e-PHI?
- Do you want to attest to EHR incentive program by completing your security risk analysis for your cloud HER ?
HIPAA/HITECH compliance standards is intended to address the risks to confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Protected Health Information(PHI) that the health care organization should protect. This webinar is intended to provide basic background about HIPAA/HITECH assessment strategies and techniques for health care organizations that utilize cloud services.
We will guide you through the requirements for a HIPAA/HITECH assessment of your cloud service providers in the following key areas:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How to inventory cloud-related assets within your organization
- How to review technical vulnerabilities
- How to identify risks and prioritize
- How to document and monitor vulnerabilities
- Due diligence and contract documentation
Who Will Benefit:
- How to inventory ePHI, map out cloud systems in scope, identify and prioritize vendor evaluation, assessment and monitoring
- The best practices and checklist to minimize time and maximize effectiveness
- Learn about practical tools and resources for conducting and documenting assessment
- The most common threats and vulnerabilities to ePHI introduced by the cloud service providers - and how to protect Covered Entity’s interest
- Healthcare Compliance
- Security and Privacy Professional